The National Indoor Climbing Achievement Scheme is a new national scheme that introduces new climbers to climbing on artificial climbing walls. The scheme focuses on skill development and safety as well as climbing ability, and is split into 5 award levels. NICAS is open to climbers of all ages and abilities, as it covers all aspects from the absolute basics to advanced climbing techniques.
Aims of the scheme:
• to develop climbing skills and improve levels of ability
• to learn climbing rope-work and how to use equipment safely
• to develop risk assessment and management skills in the sport
• to work as a team, communicate with, and trust a climbing partner
• to develop an understanding of the sport, it’s history and future challenges
• to provide a record of personal achievement
• to point the way to further challenges in climbing beyond the scheme
NICAS is ideal for school and youth groups who are looking to book a series of sessions with Maximum Adventure Sports UK. Participants can do as much or as little of the scheme as they wish, as each level carries its own award. All participants have their own logbook and certificates to keep a record of their achievements.
NICAS provides a structured scheme of achievement that is recognizes by all participating walls. It can sit alongside GCSE and A Level PE courses (depending on the syllabus used) to provide an extra award for participants.
For more information, including a synopsis of each award level, please visit www.nicas.co.uk
If you would like to take part in the scheme, please get in touch with us on 01937 830126, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.